Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas for Mom and Dad

This Christmas I had NO idea what to get my parents.  I had no money to buy them something, and usually when I buy them something it ends up being something that I use more than they do.   One day I happened to be on Pinterest and saw a project that a daughter did for her dad's 60th birthday.  She had emailed some of her dad's friends and asked them to write a memory or thought for him to open on his birthday.  She put all the responses in envelopes and had him open them one by one.  I absolutely loved the idea so I thought I would try my own little version of it.  I emailed some of my parent's friends and lots of family and made a private group on Facebook to try to get responses.  I got TONS. I loved reading the responses.  Some were hilarious and others made me cry while I read them.  I took everything and put them in homemade books that I learned how to do from this website.





My photography skills aren't the best but I thought they turned out great (and I learned a lot about my parents haha) and I'm so thankful for everyone who helped add to them. It wouldn't have worked without the help!

I'm so grateful for my parents and all the help they give me!

4 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift. I am sure they will always treasure it. Steve and I still need to add to it. They look great! Way to go Marissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the best gifts I have ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea - and I love how you bound them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm behind on reading blogs, but I want you to know how much I appreciated all the work you went to. It is definitely a memory moment that will stay forever. Thanks you precious girl you.

    ReplyDelete