Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The "RB Gang"

Background: When I was younger Nick, Joel and I were really into roller blading.  It started during one of the Winter Olympics and we would watch the speed skating all the time.  We cleared out a track in grandma and grandpa's basement and every chance we got we would go down there and skate.  We timed each other and had rankings with our fake names.  Once we mastered the basement, our parents would take us to Manson Grower's packing shed and we would do longer tracks.  It seriously was one of the most fun things I remember.

Present:  I was reminded of my skates this summer when my dad threatened to throw them away because they were sitting in the upstairs closet.  I put them in my room and then went to college.  One of my good friends Stacey brought her roller blades over the other day and it got me wanting to skate again (and not just in a closed in rink) SO bad! I called my dad and he sent them down with Butch and Janet who were visiting for the weekend.  YAY! Whit and I went to Target and got her some, and then we skating around Wyview for a while last night.  So we decided that with Stacey (and whoever else wants to get some sweet skates) we would create a roller blading gang.  Yes, we are college students, but who is ever too old to roller blade?!

*I'll post pictures of our sweet group when we get all together.  We are freaking sweet. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for our rb sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=12475369991&comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you won't be needing the car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answer: I am! (Too old to rollerblade, haha) Glad you have found another way to have fun!

    ReplyDelete