Friday, April 29, 2011

180 hours

I have completed 180 hours of clinicals while in nursing school! That amazes me. It has flown by. I am almost done with my second semester.  I have two take home finals and two in class finals, and I'm moving on to my third semester! I'm most excited for this semester because it's mother/baby and pediatrics.  I am doing my mother/baby rotations at a hospital during the night shift, so hopefully it goes pretty well.  I also am getting approved to do my psych rotations (also this semester) at a women and children's shelter where Whit and I are going to volunteer.  I'm hoping everything works out for that.

Other than school I have just been hanging out.  One of my good friends Kyle Richardson went into the MTC a few weeks ago and we were able to go out to dinner with him when he got into Provo.  He is a hilarious guy, I love him, even if he does love to make fun of me.
We thought it would be funny to move away from him right before we took the picture..haha

Dad came down the week before Easter.  It was soo good to spend time with him and have him meet our friends.  The first thing Javier said was "Your dad is all man.  Like, every single hair on his body says man." haha We thought it was pretty funny.  He was awesome and took us on a Costco trip, and so with the food that was donated to us by Chris and Aaron before they left, we have a full fridge and cupboards.  


We made Easter baskets for our friends! They were pretty cute. :)

It's been gross in Provo and so we haven't really been outside much (it's snowing, and it's pretty much May, I thought only Idaho weather was like this?!) , but I can't wait for the sun to come out while I have a week long break. Just have to make it through final's week.  

A year until graduation and I can become a real nurse! YAY!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! One more year. You will make a great nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! Good job! And I love the Easter baskets. You should ask Travis about the basket he got me.... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I love the photo of you guys with Kyle... he is "set apart" from you, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it isn't a good idea to freak out your future patients by sounding too excited to poke them with needles. I know it wasn't in this one but you know it is inside of you.

    ReplyDelete