Wednesday, March 9, 2011

MesoAmerica

I went to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize two and a half years ago through BYU Idaho.  It was tons of fun.  The only problem was that soon after we landed in Mexico City I realized my camera battery was dead.  It was a rechargeable one, and I had forgotten the battery charger. :( It was really sad. Some of my friends took pictures for me, and I bought a disposable camera one of the days to be able to take pictures of what I wanted.  I took some pictures, but not too many.  Once I got home I forgot about the camera.  I cleaned out the compartment in my car by the spare tire and found a camera. Thinking it was one of the cameras from our paint party, I developed it.  Surprise! It was my pictures from my trip, along with some super random ones of a trip two years ago to Sherry's, and a recent picture of Whit and I.  It was a GREAT surprise!


Ruins! 
Jessica and I at our first ruins.
Jess and I again
Rio Dulce
Jess and I climbing Pacaya (volcano in Guatemala) It erupted last May!  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10186112
We were tired...lol

Our hotel in Playa del Carmen. So sweet. 
To prove I was actually there
This is one of the random ones, Ash and I at California Pizza Kitchen in the fall of 2008 I believe. 
Fall 2008
And the final one! This was last year, but I have no idea when we even took this picture...


I have another camera that I found with some pictures left on it, so once I use it up (and hopefully don't lose it!) I'll get those developed. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of us. And your Mexico pictures are pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your memory is tickled by these pix. Now if you can just study and graduate we will all be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found your own little photo time capsule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Marissa! That picture on the volcano! hahaha... I look so pissed. And that picture of me when I look stoned (well, when do I not honestly?) Where was that?

    P.S. Mexico 2011! Vaminos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you found the camera in your spare tire. And Linds makes fun of me for losing stuff in weird places!

    ReplyDelete