Sunday, March 13, 2011

Diamond Fork

Whit and I were taking the garbage out a few weeks ago and both looked up to see the stars.  That is one of the things I miss most about being home (besides family!).  I love being able to lay on the deck and see the stars with no other lights around.  So, Whit and I decided we needed to go camping!

We got a few of our friends in on the idea (it's pretty cold in March, not a lot of people were up to it).  I found a campsite and Sherry lent us her tent and some cooking supplies, Grandpa let me borrow his truck to pick up firewood, and we pitched in for food and supplies.  Javier, Chris, Whit and I got up there about 6 on Friday night.  Whit and I put up our tent and the boys split the wood. There were more people around than I would have liked, but it was the only campground in  Utah County that was open year round.  It was SO fun.  Stacey got there around 9, and we had hot dogs and s'mores and grilled cheese sandwiches.  We played a few card games but mostly just enjoyed being outside.  It wasn't very cold during the night (thankfully!) and we got to sleep in.  Chris and Stacey left at about 830 on Saturday to get back for work and Chris had a soccer game.  Javier, Whit and I tried to go hiking to some hot springs but the road was closed. :(  We took naps and then cleaned up to get back for the BYU basketball game.

 Later we went to Battle Los Angeles, which was pretty good, and I'm not a fan of alien movies usually. Daylight Savings Time kicked Whit and my butt, but we went to church and then took 3 1/2 hour long naps, justifying it because we don't have classes tomorrow.  My spring break ends Tuesday, which will be a bummer, but I only have 14 more months until I graduate!

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember EVER having toasted cheese sandwiches on a camp out. What happened to foil surprise raw hamburger/burnt spuds? Under cooked pancakes and burnt bacon? IF ONLY...I could take a nap after church and not get woke by my kids. I swear they take turns to see who will call each week at the appointed nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping in March? You girls are brave... or crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may be a little of both. Glad you have fun and were resourceful.

    ReplyDelete