Monday, March 8, 2010

Most Expensive Dollar Movie EVER

The weekend started off great. Friday was relaxing, Nick and I went to dinner at this hole in the wall Mexican place that is really good, and then Whit and I decorated basketball cupcakes for her team. At about 12:30 am Friday night/Saturday morning we decided to go to Old Dogs at the dollar theater. We really enjoyed the movie which isn't that hard for us to do I guess, we're easy to entertain.

Saturday morning we went to Whit's game and then to get massages at Provo College where I can get a full body massage for an hour for $10! My back and shoulders have been bothering me because I'm at a desk and I hunch forward for work. My massage therapist was from England (I think, he had a REALLY hot accent, I didn't mind him talking to me the whole time) and he worked out ALL the knots in my back. I felt wonderful. My day couldn't have gotten any better. And it didn't.

Once we were out of our massages we were bored and decided instead of naps, let's go see Lovely Bones at the dollar theater. We drove over, parked in front of a truck that was partly in our parking stall, and went inside. Two hours later we came outside and what did we see? A green Honda where our car had been. We were looking around and saw two other people wandering around looking kinda lost, so we asked if they had been towed and they had. We looked up the number and called, figured out where they were and Nick came and got us to go pick up the car, which was only about a mile away.
I was really upset. For a mile tow job I had to pay $145. How ridiculous is that? I asked him if I could see a picture, he said no, and then I asked how he even saw my car and he said I was blocking traffic and wasn't in a parking stall. For everyone to envision this, there was NOTHING behind me, even if I was all the way out of the stall, which I wasn't. Easily 3 or 4 cars could pass behind, there is a ton of room. He said someone called it in, but when I asked when they did he said he couldn't release that information because it was against the law. I now hate tow trucks, with the exception of Mater.

So after I went and reapplied my makeup, Nick, Whit, and I went to Red Robin and then Whit, Kyle, and I went to The Princess and the Frog. We all really liked it, except Kyle declared with 15 minutes left that he hated it because of something that had happened. It's a pretty funny movie, kinda creepy but I liked it. I did think it was weird how the Shadow Man was wearing a midriff shirt, who thought of that? Creeper. The point of this story was that tow trucks suck and Whitni and I made it to 3 movies within 24 hours for only like 5 bucks. That's talent.

6 comments:

  1. I'll have more once I go visit you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your car. Three movies TJ will be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really stinks about the tow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the tow truck driver was a bit full of himself. I don't blame you for hating towers after that experience.

    I've been anxious to see The Frog Prince, but you have made me a bit worried...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see my college girls are busy studying.

    ReplyDelete