Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Luckiest Granddaughter

















I have been blessed with the family I have been born into. Who gets two sets of the coolest grandparents? Me. :D Living close to my Grandma and Grandpa England I got to know them very well growing up. They were amazing people, and helped me grow into the person I am today. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see my Grandma and Grandpa Christensen as often. When I was younger and my mom was finishing her teaching degree through BYU Whitni and I came down with her for a few months out of the year and stayed with them.

I remember bits and pieces, but being so young, not a lot. I remember Christmas' at their house, and my stocking, (which is the best one, it's Precious Moments. :D ) I'm always greeted when I come in. I love the smell of their house, especially on the days that grandma bakes her bread. I love the duck dishes they have had as long as I can remember. I love the twin blankets with the blue dots and lines.

When I came down to Provo I didn't have housing and they graciously offered me a place to stay until I found an apartment. I am so grateful for loving grandparents who let me live with them. I loved the dinners we had together getting caught up on our day. I loved the advice my grandpa would offer. I'm especially grateful for that time to get to know them both better. I moved out in January and every time I go to visit I feel like I'm going back home. I'm very appreciative for everything that they have done for me, even if I'm not the best at showing it.

I love my grandparents and couldn't have asked for a better family.

6 comments:

  1. We really did luck out on good grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marissa, you know you are always welcome. Sure love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those blankets! It's a good thing there are two of them, or else there would be some more fighting going on over them...
    And I agree. They are all very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, was blessed with wonderful grandparents. Lucky you, to have the opportunity to visit with your still!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more. I've always known I have the best parents, but what an honor to have some of the best people on the earth as in-laws. Doubly blessed.

    ReplyDelete