Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mexican Food, Thai Food, Superbowl Food, and Channing. YUMMY.

Last Friday Whit and I attempted to make Mexican rice and refried beans with homemade corn tortillas. I think it turned out pretty well, we forgot to take pictures though. Kyle Richardson, Michael Maile and his girlfriend, and Nick got to try out our creations. Everyone's alive, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Then on Saturday my roommate Crystal invited me to her brother's show in Salt Lake City where he was going to be playing his guitar. We were going with my other roommate Lindsey and one of their friends Jocie, and then two more people came with us. Once we got there we found out ID was required, and one of the girls wasn't 21 so we had to make other plans.

Lindsey, Crystal and I
We ended up going to a Thai restaurant called Sawadee. It was SO good. We all got different curries and pad thai's and just shared. But after that we didn't want to head home yet and so we decided to go to Temple Square and have Jocie and Lindsey sing and play the guitar and ukelele.
Katie, Crystal, me, Jocie, Iolana, and Lindsey
It was tons of fun listening and once we were officially frozen we got back in the car to head home. It was a good night, I'm still waiting to hear Crystal's brother play live though.
Jocie and Lindsey playing outside Temple Square

Sunday Sherry invited us up for a Superbowl Party so we went a partied with her. It's always fun to go up there and hang out with her family. Thank you Sherry!

Last night we were attempting a homework party and got invited by Jocie to go to Dear John because her friend was the manager and could get us in for free. Who doesn't love a free movie?! I had a decision to make. Study for my anatomy quiz on bones which was early Wednesday morning, or go have fun. I think we all know which one I chose. (PS, I still basically aced my quiz, so no harm done.)

The movie was great, it is a good chick flick and it was different from the book. I actually didn't mind the change, the book was more reality though. I'm in love with Channing Tatum. After the movie Lindsey and I were starving and she took me to a Mexican place here that is REALLY GOOD! It's kind of like Ramire's (the spelling on their sign..lol) in Rexburg. I am in love with it. That's all for now.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun. I miss Ramire's late night runs. And I am planning on going to the movie tomorrow.... by myself so no one can see me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and your hair is gorgeous. Travis agrees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food was good, it destroyed me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having fun. I was wondering why you were all scrunching down. Remember Grandma always telling you to stand up straight! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha thanks Linds, and I'm glad you liked it Nick. We were scrunching down because Lindsey bent down to get on our level and then we just kept going down. I'm sorry mom. :D and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts always remind me why I loved college life - nonstop fun, and always someone to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though you watched the movie without me after you said you were... I am glad you liked it and had fun in SLC. Thanks for helping me with the Mexican food. We will be sure to use a real smasher next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't get over how involved my kids are with STUDYING at college. It must be tough to fit any fun into all that book time. DPYN

    ReplyDelete