Saturday, August 13, 2011

Snakes in the Park

I am afraid of snakes. Seriously, I hate them. So when Whit, my dad and I were in the park in Philadelphia and I saw a man holding two boa constrictors, the last thing was that I wanted to hold one.  As we got closer to the man, he asked if we wanted to, and Whitni and I both said yes. WHAT?! He put one on Whit and then put one on me (I didn't want to be left out!) and I didn't cry! It kept dropping off my shoulder and wrapping around my waist, which gave me the creeps but it was so worth it.  Definitely something I haven't done in like fifteen years or so when my cousin Travis had his boa. I still hate snakes, but at least I know I can deal with my fears. :)

Whitni getting her snake wrapped around her shoulders, I'm a little freaked out. 

Getting my snake...it was HUGE! It grossed me out.

He made fun of me for holding his hand, when I was supposed to hold the snake...I was too flustered to know what I was supposed to be doing!

We did it! Notice my waist and the snake creeping around.





2 comments:

  1. I am soooo impressed! I don't know if I could have done that without dropping the snake and running away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty much blown away... there is NO WAY I would let a spider (my fear) crawl around my shoulders - and they are a lot smaller than that snake!

    ReplyDelete