Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nursing School

I've been trying to get into Nursing at Provo College (which is a branch of Eagle Gate College)and in July they let me know that I was an alternate. There were 7 of us, and only 20 people accepted into the program, so my chances of getting in were slim. I still went to the orientation meeting and have been setting things up to be prepared to start on the 30th of August.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from Eagle Gate College from the Layton campus (I didn't apply there) and they offered me a spot for August. It's about an hour from Provo and so I was kind of hesitant. Not really where I wanted to be, but if it meant I was able to get things started I didn't want to blow it off.

So I went to bed last night not feeling like I was supposed to go. I figured I'd wait and apply for Provo in January and just work for the semester. This morning I got a phone call at 8 from Eagle Gate in Salt Lake,(another place I didn't apply) and they offered me a spot starting on August 30th! I'm soo excited, I go down on Sunday and fill out all the paperwork and meet with everyone to get it all finalized. Things are finally getting started!

YES!

8 comments:

  1. Marissa! that is SO GREAT!! im so happy for you! are you living back down here now? can we play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Marissa, that is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That means you will have to sleep over at my house when you have late night classes :) Yipee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Marissa!! That is awesome! Where are you going to live?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad thing are working out for you. Good luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of sad you'll be in Salt Lake. But so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete